I've mentioned most of the these 10 gifts in various posts here and there on Faith Dance throughout the years in my friendship with Jennifer O. These are gifts I've given her for her birthday or Christmas. When you are free in your friendship from the romantic myth story and the danger story, it is a great blessing to be able to give gifts to your cross-gender friend that fits them. I hope this encourages you and empowers you to think outside the box of the romantic myth-danger story.
2. A Barry Manilow concert (Jennifer is not afraid to say she likes Barry).
3. Flowers on Valentine's Day.
4. Took her to this unique store in Chicago on her birthday where she literally created and personalized her own perfume.
5. A black dress in which she looks absolutely fabulous and beautiful in.
6. A beautiful sweater which so fits her (not just her physcial frame).
7. Gift cards to her favorite clothing store (and then going with her to see what she chooses).
8. Flowers for Easter.
9. Some of her favorite songs on a cd.
10. Her own choice of of restaurants for b-day dinner.
Are you coming to the Sacred Friendship Gathering in April? Christian leaders from different faith communities from United States are coming to gather to explore this important issue of friendship between men and women. It is going to be a ground-breaking event.